- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Full Time
At Gana-A‘Yoo, Limited we encourage our employees to grow, develop and to exhibit a high quality of work. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees. Our fulltime benefits package includes paid time off, 10 paid holidays per year, medical, dental, vision, group life, employee assistance program, and flexible spending account options.
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Entity: Gana-A'Yoo, Limited
Location: Anchorage, AK
Work Hours and Pay: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday; DOE
Job Summary: The General Ledger Accountant will work directly with Controller and other accounting personnel to maintain project and general ledger records accurately and efficiently and to record and report all accounting transactions in a multi-company environment. Tasks include but are not limited to: monitoring assigned companies and contracts for funding, revenue recognition, preparing project reports, general ledger reconciliations, and audit work papers for a growing company in accordance with monthly close schedule.
Reports to: Controller
Required Qualifications & Essential Functions:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred, or equivalent of four (4) years of general ledger or project accounting experience
- 3 years of experience in Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with government contract accounting including understanding multi-state, wage determinations, and union payrolls
- Experience in Alaska Native Corporations preferred but not required
- Must be current with accounting regulations and compliance issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively plan and organize duties to meet deadlines.
- Will spend majority of time in front of a computer with repetitive typing motions
- Must be able to pass a drug, reference, and background check
- Create and submit billings to customers in accordance with contractual requirements and the deadlines of the accounting department
- Communicate with project managers to ensure bills are accurate and issued timely.
- Billing and A/R tasks including accessing customer websites such, as Wide Area Work Flow, for submitting bills and retrieving payment notices
- Assist with setup of new projects and/or accounts in accounting software
- Maintain work-in-progress spreadsheets
- Monthly closing activities, including but not limited to: revenue recognition, reconciling project reports to general ledger, general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare recurring entries and/or reclassifications as requested
- Prepare and maintain prepaid account amortization schedules.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting contract accounting
- Prepare sales and use tax returns tax returns as needed
- Reviews A/P vouchers, payrolls, and cash receipts for accuracy and proper coding
- Complete bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Create spreadsheets and reports for internal and external purposes
- Other job duties as assigned
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients via written and verbal communication methods.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of accounting information
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.