- 05-Apr-2017 to 04-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Customer Service
- Galena, AK, USA
Job Title: Summer Intern
Entity: Gana-A'Yoo, Limited
Location: Kaltag, AK or Galena, AK
Work Hours and Pay: Monday through Friday or based on Tribal Council needs, DOE
Job Summary: The Summer Intern Program is designed to collaborate with a tribal council and give work experience. The intern will be placed at the Kaltag and Galena (Louden) Tribal Council. The intern will be placed to learn, participate, contribute, and engage in the many functions of Tribal administration and the programs and events sponsored by the Tribe.
Reports to: Selected Supervisor at the Tribal Council
Required Qualifications & Essential Functions:
- Gana-A'Yoo shareholder or descendant of a shareholder.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Experience in Alaska Native Corporations preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Assist Tribal Council with various projects and needs.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages, and courier deliveries.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Timeliness and accuracy of duties
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication and coordination with internal and external customers
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.